Sunday, May 3, 2009

Prayers for Protection

Before doing any meditation or healing work, it is essential to ground, cleanse, and protect yourself. These are a few prayers for protection that we find helpful.

From Edgar Cayce
This is paraphrased from Search for God by Edgar Cayce; as taught by Darlene White Morning Glory, August 2006.

"As I open myself to the unseen forces that surround the throne of grace, beauty, and might within myself, I throw around myself that protection found in the light of Christ."

The Lord's Prayer
Say the Lords Prayer (or the prayer from your personal teaching that brings you into harmony and love) facing each of the four directions. The Lord’s Prayer or similar prayer takes you into the sacred heart, a holy chamber within your physical body, and that’s the power point.

As taught by Darlene White Morning Glory, August 2006, here is our version of the Lord's Prayer.

Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread, and
Forgive us our debts, as we forgive those who debt against us
Guide us as we align our will with your divine will, and
Deliver us from darkness,
For thine light, oh God, is the kingdom and the power and the glory,
For ever and ever, Amen.

Psalm 23, The Lord is my Shepard
Tom Kenyon has a wonderful alchemical perspective on the 23rd Psalm as a Mantra of Protection that goes beyond Christianity and speaks to the connection to your celestial soul. Listen to it on his website: http://tomkenyon.com/planetary-meditation.

Tom adds the sacred feminine aspect, she, to the prayer, to call in the Goddess figure (Sophia, Venus, Quan Yin, or Mary, etc.) that is present in all personal transformation. Here is Tom Kenyon's version of Psalm 23.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. She restoreth my soul.
He preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. She anointeth my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment